Legacy Surgery Center
At Legacy Surgery Center, we offer our patients both non-operative spinal procedures and outpatient cervical and lumbar spine surgery.
From minimally invasive spinal intervention, injection procedures, and conservative modes of therapy to state-of-the-art neurosurgery, our experienced team provides comprehensive care for patients with spinal and disc conditions, disorders, and peripheral nerve conditions including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Ulnar Neuropathy.If you have any questions, always feel free to contact our office and our trained staff will assist you in any way possible.
MINIMALLY INVASIVE SPINE SURGERY
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MIS) is a general term used to describe a variety of surgical techniques which involve making smaller incisions and reducing the amount of tissue damage beneath the skin. In spinal surgery, minimally invasive surgery is accomplished with the aid of specially designed instruments which assist in visualization of the surgical field. Typically, this is done with tubular retractors which allows the surgeon to make a small incision but visualize a larger area beneath the small incision. Our surgeons at Legacy, who perform minimally invasive spine surgery, are fully trained and have vast expertise in the correct use of these techniques.
The potential benefits of minimally invasive spine surgery may include smaller scars following the operation and less damage to the surrounding tissues beneath the skin, meaning less pain and blood loss. The potential outcomes of such operations are the reduction of pain and morbidity associated with standard open surgery. These cases can be done outpatient or with reduced hospital stay, if hospital care is needed for medical reasons. All of this results in less exposure to hospital acquired staph and other infections, as well as other post-op risks. Frequently, the cost of care is also reduced as well as the speed of your return to work and life.
THE MIG-LIF PROCEDURE
Our experienced neurosurgeons lead the nation in the development and advancement of computer and image-guided micro spine surgery. The Legacy Spinous Process MIG-LIF procedure was developed by our neurosurgery team and is one of the most advanced and innovative MIS lumbar fusion procedures in the world. It allows for marked reduction in post-op pain, quicker recovery time, less blood loss, significantly lower risk of MRSA infections, and lower costs for patients needing lumbar decompression and fusion procedures.
In a retrospective clinical study, 40 patients suffering from degenerative disc disease who tested positive for radicular pain and segmental instability were treated using the Legacy Spinous Process MIG-LIF procedure. All 40 patients were successfully discharged the same day of surgery.
Click here to read details about the MIG-LIF.
LEGACY SURGERY CENTER SPECIALTIES AND BENEFITS OF OUTPATIENT SURGERY
- Substantial cost savings compared to hospital-based procedures
- Much lower infection rates compared to hospitals
- Decreased exposure to errors and complications often found in high-volume hospital settings
OUTPATIENT SURGERY INSTRUCTIONS
LEGACY SURGERY CENTER
OFFICE HOURS: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
OFFICE LOCATION: 5800 West 10th Street, Suite 206 Little Rock, AR 72204
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click here for personalized driving directions.
- You MUST have a responsible adult to drive you and stay with you for 24 hours after your surgery.
- You are not allowed to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- This includes no use of hard candy, chewing gum, chewing tobacco, and skoal. Please do not smoke before your surgery. These are reasons for surgery to be cancelled.
- Our staff will review with you the medications that you can and should take the day of surgery despite being unable to eat or drink. This will depend on what the medication is and will be discussed in advance. Please inquire if you have any unanswered questions.
- It is very important that you discontinue blood thinners, aspirin, and anti-inflammatory medications seven days before surgery. These include but are not limited to: ecotrin, aleve, advil, ibuprofen, motrin, bextra, lovenox, Relafen, celebrex, vioxx, vitamin E, Fish oil, coumadin, heparin, plavix, naprosyn, toradol, Excedrin, skelaxin, BC powder, and monic. Aspirin and any other medication prescribed by a doctor for your heart or stroke prevention will need medical clearance before you cease taking the medication.
- Please do not wear jewelry, make-up, or nail polish.
- Please do not bring any valuables with you.
- You may leave cotton underwear on during surgery.
- Space is limited in the family waiting area, so please limit the number of people accompanying you.
- Our waiting room is usually cool for health reasons, so please dress appropriately.
- There is a snack bar on the fourth floor of the Freeway Medical Building for the convenience of your family/friends that have accompanied you. There is a variety of snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Provided below are various discharge instructions. Please download the appropriate discharge instruction as directed by your physician and/or staff by clicking on the name of the file. If you cannot access these files, please click on the Adobe icon. This will allow you to download the software, providing access to the discharge instructions.